Citizenship Certificate at the Austrian Consulate in Denver Colorado
The Certificate of Citizenship (Staatsbürgerschaftsnachweis) is the only official document giving proof of your Austrian citizenship and must always be presented when you apply for an Austrian passport.
- The issuance of a Citizenship Certificate takes between 6-8 months.
- Your appointment will take approximately 30 min.
- Please bring all required documents in ORIGINAL and COPIES!!
- Make sure you have the APOSTILLE applied if necessary as described on the Austrian Consulate General in Los Angeles’ website.
We at the Austrian Honorary Consulate in Denver have to verify your documents, which you then send to the Austrian Consulate General in Los Angeles.
Note: if you don’t have all the requirements on the day of your appointment you will have to schedule a new appointment. NO COPIES can be made at the consulate!
As soon as we have verified your documents, you can send the verified copies together with a self-addressed, prepaid return envelope to:
Austrian Consulate General
11859 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 501,
Los Angeles, CA 90025
If you have all the required:
- Documents (including apostille if necessary) – original and copies
- Fee in US$ / cash only /exact change only please
THEN you can make an appointment.
The Consulate General or the Honorary Consulate in Denver cannot be held liable for any loss or theft of documents while handled by a mail/postal service. Please observe that incomplete applications (e.g. missing document(s) or missing apostille on US-documents) cannot be accepted.
Please note: All foreign documents can only be accepted with an Apostille.